Friday 20 January 2012

Mr Wonderful

I’m convinced that somewhere out there, my perfect guy is waiting around, also wondering where the heck I am. I’ve been spending some time recently defining and redefining exactly what I’m looking for, and have decided on the following:

  1. He should be tall. I’m 1.73m, and I like to wear 3-4 inch heels. I still, however, want to be able to look up at my guy and have him have to stoop to kiss me.
  2. He preferably shouldn’t be skinny. As you’ve probably noticed by now, I have a thing for guys with nice bodies but, since I myself am no supermodel, I’m not expecting Thor or Clark Kent. I just want someone huggable. I’m slightly tactile defensive, so if he has a build that I want to cuddle, that would help.
  3. He must be a geek, or at least have geek-like tendencies. If I make an obscure reference to a cult sci-fi film or series, he should totally get it. At the very very least, he should be open to becoming a geek.
  4. This builds on point three, but I’m listing it separately because it is that important: STAR WARS FAN! But not the prequels, except as an insight to the mythology. Revenge of the Sith might be acceptable.
  5. He should be an extrovert. I have introvert tendencies and need someone to force me to go out instead of melding incontrovertibly with my couch.
  6. He must read. Going out is all very good and well, but it should be tempered with periods of quietly sitting together reading. Perhaps with some chocolate, a nice glass of red wine, and some good music in the background.
  7. He should be willing or, in fact, keen to accept that we will each continue to have our own identities even as a couple, and that I am not going to want to spend every minute of every day with him.
  8. He must want kids. I do, and it’s a fairly important thing to have in common with your partner.
  9. He should get on with my family. Since my sister is also my best friend, it’s important to me that my partner can enjoy the company of her family. And my brother-in-law really needs a bro-mance, so if my guy could fill that role, too, that’d be awesome.
I would, however, give up every single item on this list for someone who:

  1. I fall in love with at first sight. Soppy, romanticised and clichéd though it may be; having someone sweep me off my feet and make my knees go weak and want to spend the rest of his life with me on the strength of a ten-minute acquaintance would be awesome.
So, if anyone out there knows a guy just like this - please let me know! If you are a guy just like this, where the heck are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment