Tuesday 20 September 2011

Freudinger's Cats

Apparently I am experiencing a plague of weird dreams. Last night’s instalment was truly bizarre. I dreamt that I went to the house of one of my sister’s cousins by marriage – someone I have met a couple of times and got on with pretty well, but not someone that I know very well. She was not home, and it was almost like I was house sitting or something. The house itself was stunning: sort of my ideal place. The entrance hall was a bit strange: it was floored with small, square white tiles, edged in a sort of slaty green tile. The hall was a very strange shape – almost like a pentagon, with a kitchen off to the left as you entered and a guest bathroom to the right. Straight ahead were two archways into two separate wings. All the ceilings were double volume, and besides the entrance hall the floors were all gorgeous hardwood. I remember knowing that the entrance hall was going to be converted into an indoor planted courtyard.

As it turned out, the reason that I had access to the house was to host a cat show in which my cat was going to compete, which is in itself very peculiar, as I definitely do not hold with animal shows. This was also a very strange show, as contestants kept arriving, and none of the felines was in a cage, they just had free reign of this highly decorated home.

And then came the strangest thing of all. I ended up getting together with one of the other contestants. A straight single guy with a cat. How often does that happen? He was quite sweet, too. Not particularly hunky, but sort of like Eli Wallace from Stargate Universe.

So, once again, any thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment