Thursday 3 November 2011

Shoesies-woosies

As you’ve probably realised by now, I am not a “girly-girl” (to my six-year-old niece’s continuing frustration). I do, however, have one VERY girly obsession – shoes. Of course, the shoes that I am obsessed with are bovver boots of all descriptions, but still.

I am now going to write an entire post mostly dedicated to the awesomeness of my Doc Martens. I bought them from the British Boot Company in Camden during my sojourn in the UK in 2004, so I have owned them for 7 years, and they’re still fantastic. Of course, because I live in a mostly hot country, I hadn’t really had a chance to wear them in until this year. This year, thank the heavens, we had a particularly cold, wet, and nasty winter, which meant that I wore my beautiful 16-up boots almost every day for four months. I had warm, dry feet all winter long.

They did give me ginormo, mutant blisters on the day that I walked 4.5km home from work after my car died on me, but that was more the fault of the socks than the boots.

While I was looking for images for this blog, I found the most beautiful, gorgeous, desirable, amazing image I have ever seen:

Must have!

See? They have heels! I’m not completely immune to the fineries of feminine apparel. (Plus, if the heels are really spiky, they make awesome weapons, too!)

2 comments:

  1. I LURVE the middle two pairs at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally am partial to the third from left also. I did put the red stilettos in there just for you. MWAH!

    ReplyDelete