Monday 3 October 2011

I am the champion!


Once a month, I have a standing arrangement to play pool with a friend. I’m very enthusiastic, but not particularly talented. Until this month. On Friday we met as usual and, as usual, I lost the first game. Then came the unusual: I won the next two games, narrowly lost the fourth and won the next three!

I’m in shock. Normally, if I win one game in an evening it’s good, and if I win 2 it’s only cos my friend accidentally sank the black. But not this time: every single one of the games that I won, I won on skill. I even had more than one run of sinking three or four balls in a row! Obviously, I’m nowhere near the level of the professionals, with their trick shots and fancy cue work, but at least I didn’t embarrass myself as I usually do.

The way I see it, there are only two possible explanations for this strange occurrence:
  • my body switching spell worked, and I managed to exchange my lack of skill with my buddy’s slightly more noteworthy abilities, or
  • the GNLD Omega 3’s and Mind Enhancement Complex that I took that afternoon really worked!

(I just thought of another possibility: my superpowers have finally come in and I can turn a negative amount of talent into a slightly positive amount!)

1 comment: